Sunday, December 12, 2010

Draft Posters


I created this poster on photoshop for the artist 'Grim'. As you see i analysis Kanye West poster which was a sort of cartoon effect and had loads of colours to get the audiences attention due to it being eye catching. I wanted to make a unique and crazy idea for the poster therefore i went for a poster full of colours to give it that effect of originality. When i started i thought to start of with where i will place the artist within the poster; i decided to position him big and to take up quite a lot of the poster as the artist the main focus within the poster. I did this because as i researched into common poster i seen that normally they main the artist huge to stand out so i copied this idea and placed this within my poster. I made him look quite cartoon like to create the unique effect on the audience; i don't like following normal and common ideas and i wanted to make the poster stand out therefore adding this type of effect onto the poster gave it that craziness and weirdness of a different poster. I then needed to focus on where i was going to put his name within the poster and what font style and colour it will be; for this i thought long and hard trying different types of fonts and positions. I eventually thought i got a amazing font but with the idea of green being around it in the background of it. I decided this as i picked the most colourful colour for this background of his name because as i have explained before and as Lil Wayne's poster reflex's; the name of the artist is probably more important then them being within the poster due to the fact if someone don't know what they look like and have just heard there name on the radio they can focus on his name reflecting back therefore knowing who the artists is. The background to the poster is all just about different colours mixed together with different shapes making a crazy background which i love; this is good because it stands out and is eye catching which was the effect i wanted to create with the poster making the audience want to buy it/ go and look at it. I added the green glow from what was around the artist name around the artist picture of himself; this links them to together showing that them to are the same people, i did this so the whole poster was relevant and made sense. Also i did this because it avoids confusion the audience may not of linked that 'Grim' was his name but with this little colour technique it gives that little link between his name and his picture. His earring i had to make brighter so it stood out a bit making him seem more like a Hip-Hop famous artist as it is common for that type of artist to have piecing with big diamonds to show of there money and to keep that 'gangste' style, fashion and look. Overall i am very pleased with this poster i have made due to how unique it is; i focused a lot of my ideas from Kanye West poster cover which i analysed this helped me a lot as his idea and poster was amazing. I created something which was eye catching and good to look at which a poster should be. I wanted to show that different is better then simple and normal therefore making the poster totally original.

Here is what the poster will look like in a real situation


I took a picture of a bus stop which had 2 posters on; i edited 1 out and inserted my picture to see what it would look like in a real situation and if it was effective. I liked this idea but seeing it on the poster made me real i wanted to make a better looking poster. As this was only a draft it gave me a good idea how it looked and what i could do to make it better. In was a good quality poster but in my view i think i could make better.



I decided after draft 1 I wanted something which did not look to complex, which stayed to a simple layout and was easy to understand for the audience. This is only a draft therefore I will not go in detail why i chose to certain things within it, as my final poster is exactly the same but changed in colours and little things within the poster. I needed feedback from my teachers and I totally forgot about the relevant of it having to be the same colour/theme ad the CD. With my poster having no relevant to the CD cover it would drop me down marks left right and centre therefore I needed to edit this poster and make the colours match with what colours were on the CD cover. It is not a big chance so I had no issue changing this to make it fit. This was good how I learnt from my drafts to be able to produce a good and high quality poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment