Saturday, December 11, 2010

Draft Poster

Draft Poster
This is the draft poster I have made to advertise the album, I have tried to stick with the same them for the poster as I used in the album because after looking at other albums and posters I saw it was very important to keep a clear visual connection between the poster and the album as it allows for the audience to make a link in their head between the album and the poster. This means the audience is more likely to understand what the poster is advertising if they have already seen the album. 


I have stuck to the same font and colour scheme as the album cover to help make sure that the two fit together, I have used the same distorted effect on the text and also I have added the fading and drawing effect to the picture. I have added the album name down the side of the posters to add a different effect and break away from the classic style of laying out text in the normal order. Also I have added an outline to the text to help it stand out and to make sure the audience could read it. I also changed the colour of the the letter just to add a bit if variety to the text instead of just black text all the way through. I have added the release date just to the side of the album name as I thought it was a very important convention to include because if people intended to buy the album they would need to know when it would be in the shops. I have also made Grim's name very clear and bold so immediately you can look at the poster and see who it is for and who it is advertising. I have used a different picture for the poster as I didn't want it to be too similar to the album cover and I wanted to show the artist in  different perspective. I went for a similar pose and the same clothing as the other shots but I also included a hat and made sure I chose a bigger picture as I would need it to fill an entire poster rather than just an album cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment