Monday, December 13, 2010

Draft Poster



To create this Poster I used the program, Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0. I began to create this poster by cutting out the original picture of Grim freehand by going around the whole image. I decided not to use the magnet tool as I feel using the freehand I can cut it out a lot cleaner and make sure every little last bit that I didn't want was cut out. This way to cut out takes a lot more time but I feel its well worth it. After cutting out the images of which I wanted to use, I then used the fill out tool to make the background black. Then I began to start trying out different effects for the image of Grim. I knew before I started to make the poster that I wanted the image to have a cartoon effect. There were many different cartoony effects that I could have used but in the end I decided on using the effect 'cutout' under the artistic setting. At this point the poster just had the image with the effect on a plain black background. I felt the black was too bold and made the image difficult to see, also I wanted white on the poster as our group is black 'n' white. So I selected white as the secondary colour and used the gradient tool, this tool allows you to draw a line and then it with split the two colours selected up and make them fade into each other, in this case the black and white. I tried many different places to draw the line and I felt this was the best place for it. This is because it gives the effect that Grim is coming out of the black into the white which can be seen as coming out the dark coming into the light or as it’s his debut album, coming out of the dark and coming in the spot light as to say he has made it. To finish off this poster I needed to add the text. I decided on keeping it short and having very little text, because as it’s a poster it’s not like many people would stop and read it, it needs to be more visual. Also in our research of posters we found that they don't tend to use much text either. I kept it simple by just adding Grim, the date that is will be released, the album title, the fact that is his he’s debut album and also the rating from a huge Hip-Hop magazine as this is likely to making people see and believe that is it a very good album as a big magazine has said its good. I simply made to stars by using the shapes tool, to get them all the same size I made one and then copied and pasted that 4 times so they were all the same size.

No comments:

Post a Comment