Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Digipack Draft

Front cover


I believe this album cover I have made really reflects the song. The main reason for this is because the song is out of the normal and so is the album cover. The way in which the album cover looks very simplistic I think makes it look original. All though this cover looks very simple, it was not as easy as it looks and took a long time to achieve. I think the colour are very representative of the song, because the high tempo and big beats give you an idea that the colouring would be quite different, however I have contrasted this with a black background with stars in the background to give the effect that you are in space. I think that these two aspects contrasting are like the song, which lyrics which are quite slow, contrasting with a fast and heavy beat.

Insert (front)


The insert I have also kept very simple as I feel it creates an artistic effect to the whole album cover. By keeping the whole album cover simple it makes you think about how the music on the actual album may be different. The smoke effect that I used in the insert I feel adds a mysterious edge to a simplistic album cover. The way the name 'Grim' comes out of the clouds looks like something similar to a horror film, which again gives it that mysterious edge. The insert can easily be recognised to belong to the album front cover and the album back cover. This is important because if you could not recognise that they fit together, the album cover would look wrong and would look pretty poor.

Insert back



Back cover


The back cover of the album is

No comments:

Post a Comment