Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Draft and Final Digipack

We didn't have a decision on the name of the album at this point so i named it to what i thought was a good album name making when we decide the feel project we have more ideas for what to call it.

As we all had to create different covers separately i had to make sure my covers were up to a high standard. I  decided after 2 days that i did like my first album cover design therefore i started again but this time i made the front cover, back of the album, behind the CD cover and the cover next to the CD therefore all together i have 4 covers for the album. This at the end will create my own digipack. Also i may print it off on a CD and show an example of a live model therefore showing the audience what it looks like in a real prime example.

Front Cover 



This is the Frint cover idea i thought of which i made on photoshop. I made a draft before i started to make my real idea just to get a feel of photoshop as i have not used it for a long time; with this practice it made sure i new i could  still use photoshop ad allowed me to see what sort of standard i could produce. I was not happy with my first design therefore i made a new album cover. I wanted to create him cartoon like on the front cover to make it stand out from the rest of the normal and boring album covers; i like the way it looks as it is such a simple picture and i have made it look so effective with just making it look cartoon like. The pictures i inserted were just of him looking down on the ground and the camera was above him. I needed to insert the 'parental guidance' on the album due to the fact all my research i have done on album covers mostly every Hip-Hop album cover has this icon making it common to the attitude of the Hip-Hop culture. It also adds that look of professionalism and makes it all look even more realistic that it is a real album cover. The bars in the background i wanted to be sybolic to music bars and as it goes higher the music goes higher adding that effect of a high paced album due to the fact it is very fasted pace througout. I wanted 3 pictures of him all the same picture but reserved because it looks good and is very unique idea; also the artist face us everywhere on the album which is a key marketing techinque as if the audience see his face and heard his music which they liked they will go and have a look at the album. I got this idea from a 'oli murs' album cover as he had about 6 of him all in different shots. The white and red theme went well with the clothes he was wearing therefore i added this into it so the background compliments his clothing. The artist name is in black font so it stands out and the artist look at it; i decided to make the 'm' in grim drag a little down the page. I did this because it is tottally different to what a normal album cover artist name would be done as therefore i added that orginal effect and made it stand out from the crowd. The album name is near the middle going down; it is in black font again due to the album name is about the album how he has had a abition to be a music star and now he has it. I again wanted to be different and not be boring and simple therefore i made it go down the page and not go across again giving it thet unquie effect. Overall im so pleased with my idea i created, it stands out which i wanted to do, looks professionals and is up to the high standard which i wanted to produce therefore i am very happy.  

 
Back Cover


This is the back of my album cover I made on photoshop. As you see i wanted to try to make it basic to design but look good as well. I had to start by thinking what colour the background should be for the back of my design; my first thought was white but I believed that was too simple so i decided i was going to make the back white and grey because it stands out and also it is easy to find a text colour which suits that background and also is easy to read. I split the colours in section so it did not just look boring and simple; it was in a circular format going diagonal up the page giving it that extra professional touch. I then wanted to insert some colour into the back therefore adding the bars which were on the front page onto the back; this carries on the album theme making it suit all the way through. The bars go up and down connoting music bars showing how it goes high and low; this shows that the album may be upbeat and different some songs may be quick and fast beaten, and other may be slow therefore making the audience wonder what the album upholds. I inserted the bar code onto the back to give it the realistic feel to it also showing me what it would look like when it was in the shops as the bars always get stuck on. I placed it at the bottom corner in the right to follow where it normally would be placed; i wanted to go with the crowd in this section as if it was placed anywhere else it may confuse the audience; as well as if i put it bottom left it would cover the bottom song. As well if I placed it at the top it would look out of place therefore the bottom right was perfect for the bar code to go. The song writing stood out in black writing which was easy to read so the audience can read the song titles with ease; also I made sure the colour of the text complimented the background so there was no hardness to read any of the album. The 'Track List' was bigger then the tracks so the audience new what there were reading and for the audience members who lacked commend sense avoided them to get confused. Over all i'm very happy with the back of my cover as it was easy and simple to do but also had that professional feel towards it; I made sure it followed the colour theme from the front cover  so the whole album went well together. I completed it to a very high standard in my view making me overall very happy with it.

Cover Next To The CD




This is the cover next to the CD. I wanted to be able to follow the theme of the whole album cover again therefore I used the same type of I used in the front page making it follow the whole theme of the rest of the album. Also the colour I made sure it was read and black due to the theme there where no bright colours within it and no variation; therefore I could not break this I had to carry it on within every page of my album. I based 'Grim' in the middle of the album due to this cover will only have him on therefore he had to stand out making him fill the page; this is why he was placed in the middle of the album. The red colour around him made him stand out and show he is important; making him stand out also making the audience eyes draw to the picture. The black background for the rest of the cover again made the whole red colour and the artist stand out even more as the black background compliments the red colour and picture.  This was very simple to do therefore allowing me to have no trouble making it; this is good because it saves me time to make the rest of the album. Even though it was basic to do it still was completed to a high standard and looked professional making me really happy with the design. 


extra panel 2






This is the cover behind the CD. I needed again to keep this to the whole album them making me have little choice in what colour i could use within this cover. As you see I choice black and red colours in the cover just like the cover next to this cover; I did this because I reckon it would be quite effective to have sort of the same covers next to each other with the same colours. This time the pictures was him in a hoody with his hood up looking away from the camera; I had to have a sort of 'rude boy' picture to make it again create that sense of Hip-Hop culture which I have been going on about all the way through my album research. This picture had to keep this culture going through the album as it was lacking in this. The colour of red goes all the way round the artist making him stand out and look important which he is; also it gives that sense of dangerous which in the Hip-Hop culture they all have for example 50 cent; he has been shot 9 times due to his lifestyle therefore creating this impression to the audience with this colour. Grim is in the middle of the page because he is everything within the cover; therefore putting him in the makes him stand out and take up more of the page so there are no big gaps on either side, this may make it un-professional. The black background compliments the red colour around the picture making again stand out even more which is effective as the audience look at the artist straight away. Again as I had to keep to the basic theme of the album it was simple to do allowing me to complete it with ease and without confusion or mistakes. Overall i'm very happy with my cover as it is effective and keeps to the theme I wanted throughout my album; also it was done to a high standard making the whole album overall in my view very good.


My Digipack


I used photoshop to create this digipack; as mine is only 4 pages it was simple and easy to do. Photoshop makes it easy for you to crop and move certain flies onto one and other therefore creating it was simple and easy to do. As you see there out crosses within the digipack i did this to prove i actually made it therefore having a realistic photo of what i seen when designing it. This digipack in my view is very good and shows simply designed and out together it is. My digipack example in my view is up to a very high standard and extremely happy with what i produced.

I then last minute got told i needed to produce 6 panels so i had to create 2 new 1's this was bad due to the fact i got told i can make 4 but i had to sort this issues weather it was fair or not. I decided that i should just keep it simple for the last 2 and made the deision just make 1 red and 1 black to connote the theme of the whole album and just to give it that effect of 'i dont have to say anything more just listen to it now'. It plain and simple to do and also so effective.

Cd Cover (changed idea from previous)


This is the CD cover panel. I kept it simple due to my time range and also it was part of the theme. It may be classed as boring but as it is following the theme it is all good. The black respresents how the album may be different as the other slide is red. Overall this is effective as it just adds the theme effect even more and makes it all look professionally done. When it is added to the album i belive it will still look good and up to the high standard even if it is plain. I didnt want to complicate things therefore i kept it simple. It also sends the message that maybe there is a dull side to the album as black respresents evil and depresion; this is like our song sometimes he lends a boring and depressive life and other times he doesnt which on this panel connotes his boring side.

extra panel 1


This is the 2nd open panel i choice red again to follow the theme of the whole album also if 1 of my opening panels is black i need to follow it with red therefore making it easy and simple to do.  I didnt want to complicate things therefore i carried on with the theme overall making it look more effective and not so much for the audience to take in when they look at it. Again this red screen presents in the album how maybe it is fun in some section and exciting due to red being bright and stand out. As his album main album is Day N Nite on it and as i said above sometimes he lends and boring life which connotes black and sometimes he lends and fun life connoting red therefore creating this this mix emotion to the audience even before they have listen to the album. Overall i think this was a create idea due to the fact as it was simple quick to do but still has that effect which is needed to make it amazing.

My new Digipack



I used photoshop to use this to create the digipack as it is simple and easy to make it on there therefore making it overll quicker to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment