Monday, November 29, 2010

Album Cover Mock Up Designs




This was my first go at designing an album cover. I took the image on the above of Kid Cudi and changed it using the setting and effects that are available on paint shop pro, the program I used to design this cover. Firstly I changed the colour settings of the picture using the manual colour correction setting; in this I changed the colours a little darker to make him seem more mysterious. I changed the setting to a foggy effect, this made the image become more cartoon like but this effect made his face become too dark which meant I had to change the settings on his face. I did this selecting the facial features which I wanted then changed the colour settings to make them lighter. As i was doing this it appeared that it looked like there was a light on the left side of his face. I felt this was really effective and shaded the top corners of the image which now appears that there is a spot light on him.
 


1 comment: