Saturday, December 18, 2010

Final Poster




After 2 drafts of poster I have finally finished my poster. After my first draft I thought I was way to crazy and colourful to have as my poster therefore I decided to do a new poster. On my next draft I mad a really good poster but again I forgot that I had to suit it to what colour and theme my album had therefore I had to do a 3rd poster which is now here.

As you see when I was designing this I had to think about the colours so they matched towards my album; this was a key part to my task and if I did not succeed this part of the task where the album and poster should be the same colours and match a little I would not be able to get full marks. As I was making this i looked at the album cover and seen that most of my album cover had the theme and colour of red making me easily choice to have mostly red on the poster (well for the main parts). This is good because then they can match the poster they seen to the album when it is released. I started of by the Top header which i named the album name of course so it stood in the audiences head; I did this because they will need to remember that for when the album comes out therefore when they see it they think about to the poster and then buy it due to the advertising technique. If you look closely into the title you can see the whole word is repeated about 10000 times inside ambition so the word ambition in little words make the big title ambition. I did this to show of what I can do with photoshop also to give the post the professionally look; as well as with this marketing technique when the customer looks at that title there looking at loads of different words which all say ambition again making the word stick in the audience head much more. The red font made it stand out and also fitted what the titles theme colour was making them to look like there part together which I wanted. The title standing out is good because it catches the audiences eye, even if they walk past and have a quick glare that word ambition will stay in there head due to how much it stands out. I then wanted the Title to look even more better and professional so I made the shadow of the title underneath it; this gives the effect of originality again as not many posters use this effect therefore again making my poster be different from others meaning it will stand out even more.

I wanted to keep the background plain and simple so the important bits stand out from everything else; I choice to take a risk and leave it white as most posters insert colours in the background, again I want to be different from just 'every other poster' I wanted mine to be better then every other poster, I wanted mine to be different then every other poster therefore I just left it white. I think this was a very good idea because if you look at the poster at a whole the key and tricky effects I inserted stand out more making the audience respect how good the poster actually is. Also this saved me time trying to find a good background which compliments the pictures, text and title therefore overall a amazing choice in my eyes.

I then needed to decide where i would be placed within the poster now and what i would look like. It flashed back to me at this moment that on my album there where 3 pictures of me all on different covers but altogether 3 pictures. I thought to do a skilful move and maybe insert 3 of me on the poster not many people will notice but again it will be following the theme of the poster therefore getting my grade up higher. With then i have to decide to get 3 picture of me 1 in the middle , 1 in in the left and 1 on the right; these pictures I wanted to have the cool look and have the Hip-Hop culture 'swagga' look again therefore I had pictures with his hood up making him look more 'gangster'. This is effective as it still has the Hip-Hop theme which I have carried on all the way through making these products and researching of the poster and album.  If you look closely to Grim you see that all over his body is writing again I wanted to make it totally different to other people posters; i wanted my poster to when a audience member to see it they just thought 'wow' that's why I made it completely original and effective. All over his body there are 3 words which repeat our; 'Grim' '13.12.2010 (album release date)  and 'ambition' I including every single main important information all over his body so the messages get across to the audience; this is a clever technique as all the way through when they look at then poster all the key information I want to get over to them is running through there mind as it is everywhere on the page. The writing on his top is red so I carried on with the theme of the album making sure it suits and looks similar then what the album looks like; due to how the poster is about the album it has to have a similar theme to make it match. When the writing goes down to his trouser it turns to black and goes darker this is because the writing needs to disappear and stop before it starts going of the page therefore this is a key point for me to be able to make it stop with it looking like it was a professional job.  Also if you look a picture and focus on some words you can see that i made ambition stand out on his body again; to me this is the key word I want this word to get stuck in there head until they see it in there local shop and then they remember where it was from key to me for a create poster it has to have 1 key word which the audience remember after reading it.

After I have made my Grim photos look to the standard I wanted them to look I then had to think about what writing I would have on the poster. I wanted to show when the album was out and make that stand out therefore they know that information from the poster; I decided to put it as a sort of stamp so it looked different again; also the writing stands out so it is simple and easy to read for the audience who read it. The date is clear so they know exactly when it comes out making sure that stays in there head even after they have left the poster. I like the boldness of everything of this due to how it is very important this date is if there a big fan ETC. The placing of this is perfect as it is just below the title on the right also on a diagonal sort of layout which gave it that different factor again making it original even further. I loved the whole way it was laid out and the font style also the boarder it just gave that sort of professional style and overall I thought it looked perfect for my poster.

I then thought I had to insert our 'twitter' for him so if they were interested they can find out more information about the artist therefore getting the latest about his album ETC. I wanted this on here so there is more information about him so they can find everything out if they wanted to know anything more. I put it in basic easy to read writing so the audience will have no trouble reading it avoiding confusion. I made it quite small due to the fact I didn't want it to stand out as much as the most important information therefore making it a bit smaller solving all the problem I thought may occur.

I then thought i need some reviews due to the fact every poster needs some good feedback to make the audience think that it will be good because of the rating they got. I didn't just want 1 feedback from a big magazine Hip-Hop company I wanted 3 to make the audience believe and think 'if there getting this feedback from these magazines its got to be good' this is amazing market technique as it is showing them its good before they even have brought it making them want to go and buy it. I just included normal black stars as i wanted to keep it basic and black is a smart colour making my magazine look even better overall. I changed the colour of each different magazines title name due to the fact i wanted them to know there individual giving them there own colour showing there all different giving the impact to the audience that the feedback is amazing. Also the writing was easy to read therefore avoiding confusion for the audience.  I think it is effective as it fills more room up for the poster and gives the poster a much better feel to it in my view. Just overall makes it better.

I then needed to think about the record labels local and where it will go; I needed a record label logo within the poster to get the higher marks also it will make it look even more professional. I choice to put it in the bottom right corner as it was a easy and simple place to insert it. Also it is a common to place for the record label down there, therefore I went with the crowd and inserted it there. It is half black and half white therefore  connoting what the record labels name is keeping it simple but effective. This is good because it was simple to do but it also has that professional effect on the audience therefore making my poster overall better again. There is a white border for the bottom bit to make it look different to the poster bit as it is the key information showing the relevance between them. Also the white box made the font easy to read therefore avoiding confusion for the audience.

I then thought i need to tell the audience who he actually is; I had no room anywhere so I decided I should put his name going down on the end of each letter within the top title. I thought this was good because it was different to a normal and topic choice of placement for a artist name therefore I loved it as it was total unique and original making it stand out from the crowd. I wanted to put it down the end letter of A and N so even though its quite small there are 2 of them therefore the audience still notice the name making them aware of the artist. I put it in black so it stood out and is easy to read therefore the artist wont miss it on the poster. Overall I think his name was needed to make the whole poster perfect therefore overall i'm very happy with this choice.

Finally I needed to put the website of the artist on the poster so they can look on that for further details making sure if they like the look of it they can do search and check it all out on the internet. I inserted the website in the bottom left corner so it didn't stand out but is easy to see for the audience to see it therefore it comes in use.  I used the same colours as the record label for the website as it fitted it well with that bit and it made it look more like a theme then different colours all over the place; this makes it more effective and better to look out for the audience. Also makes it look more professionally done and also looks like I have took time planning the poster which I have.

Overall i'm very happy with what I produced and after 2 drafts of such hard work I managed to pull it out the bag with this 1 I think; everything I did on the poster I did for a reason and it all adds up to make it even more effective. the poster just in my view after I have explained it and I look back on it just looks amazing if i'm going to be big headed ;) love it in my view :D

Problem

Upon realising the date of the 13th being a Sunday I would of changed the date of the whole design to the 14th, however an underlying problem of photoshop features meant that through the development of design I had to rasterize the text layer inside the person to overlay the images to give the effect of the word making up the artist. This then meant when I went back to edit the image I couldn't change the text layer therefore I would of had to redo most of the image again and probably would of lost lots of the key elements which make the design key.

Here is an example of the poster in a bus stop




This is a prime example of my poster in a bus stop; as you see it looks effective and good therefore I am very happy with what my final poster looks like. It also looks professional and realistic which I love as well. Overall very happy with what i have produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment